Thursday, March 19, 2009

Labor Time

Well, I decided to create a separate post about having you.. so hear goes...

Mommy decided a week ago that she wanted to have you on St.Patricks Day. You have Irish in your blood and I thought that would simply be a cool birthday. I reached out to my group of mommy friends for some bringing in baby tips early. Honestly Aaron, they are a bunch of wives tales, but they work for some. Silly things like Castol Oil, Walking for long periods of time, eating pineapple, eating eggplant... the list goes on and on.... at the end of the day, I chickened out and decided against trying to do anything to bring you in early, but to let mother nature take it's course.

Last week was spring break and mommy was going to have your 2.5 year old brother Aidan and 5 year old brother Sean home all week by herself (daddy would be home, but he would be "working from home" , so really not an extra set of hands. On Monday morning mom had the brilliant idea to give Sean a medication that would help "mellow him out" so that I would not have to worry about separating him and Aidan all day. His doctor prescribe it for him. Long story short, Sean didn't like his medication. Mommy was only getting about 2 hours a sleep a night and was tired and cranky. Daddy decided he needed to take Sean to the hospital after he complained of his chest hurting. I stayed at home struggling with your brother Aidan when my contractions started to kick in. I decided not to time them as they had been coming for no weeks with no progress. Well, they kept coming. Around 7:30pm, I timed them to 10 minutes apart. I called the on call OBGYN and he told mommy when to head for the hospital. Your brother Sean made it home from the hospital with an "all clear" from his doctor. That night I got about 2 hours of sleep, woke up and called her doctor and he said to come in.

In a nutshell, your mommy was indeed in Labor! Enough to where you were born 3 hours via Cesarian Section after that doctor's appointment. Even more to mommy's amazement was your size... 10lbs 2 oz and 22 inches long. I would have never guessed you were that big! I didn't gain much weight at all with you, in fact, I gained the least weight compared to your brothers.

No comments: