Sunday, January 18, 2009

the pregnancy adventure continues

I suppose there is a reason many women have children younger. However, considering your father and I didn't marry to our 30's, we started our family at a bit later than some.

This last week has been one of my tougher weeks being pregnant. You see, your older brother Aidan is almost 30 months old and he is a true delight but in and on top of EVERYTHING. He also weighs close to 40lbs, he's a big stocky boy... which makes it difficult for your mommy to carry him while I am pregnant with you. Your daddy had an outpatient surgical procedure done on Friday. It was his first ever surgical procedure. I picked up taking care of the bath time routine four nights the previous week and found myself Saturday morning exhausted and starting to have what I thought as contractions. I put Aidan into play care Saturday morning so your father could rest up and went to Sean's last indoor flag football game and proceeded to his celebration party. I felt myself starting to have contractions. Nothing timed, but they hurt. Later that evening, my good friend here in Texas, Lisa, came to the rescue and drove mommy to the hospital as I will still having what felt like contractions. The doctor told me that the contractions they were picking up on the monitor were "irregular" (not in any pattern), gave me a pre term labor test (which I passed), and sent me on my way home with the instructions to "rest". I laughed. It's really hard to "rest", when it's just you. Luckily, mommy's friend Lisa, took Sean over to her house again this afternoon, Aidan went to sleep, and so did mommy. You have been waking me up often as your "kicking" is the strongest I've ever felt and you are quite active in my belly. My OBGYN said he would see me Wednesday. Your Uncle Tyler is coming into town also this week on business, I hope to put him to work and have him help me with some of my "nesting". Can't wait to meet you, but you need to cook longer!

Love, Mom

No comments: